- To provide financial resources in support of family members/caregivers of military service men and women who have either been wounded in combat operations or injured as the result of line-of-duty activities in support of combat operations. This assist is generally provided when these patients apply for medical treatment at Hunter Holmes McGuire Virginia Medical Center or Fort Belvoir Community Hospital.
- Our support may be used for lodging, meals, transportation, healthcare, child care, long-distance phone calls, and a variety of miscellaneous needs experienced by these family members/caregivers while they are attending to their loved ones.
- To establish and maintain the means for donations to this fund, as well as matching grants from companies, organizations, and foundations to be tax deductible.
- To undertake efforts to raise the community awareness to the presence of these wounded service members, along with the acute, unmet needs of their family members.
- To provide greater assistance in our efforts to raise adequate donations to meet these needs.
These Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines have a long and very difficult road ahead. Most are young, and their lives and the lives of their families have been forever changed. Regardless of their gender, race, or ethnic heritage, these wounded American heroes and their families clearly understand the high cost of freedom.
They need and deserve all the support we can give them. Simply put, helping the families is the right thing to do. The purpose of the fund is to raise money and assist these families while they are here in Central Virginia. We have been doing this since 2005, and for your generosity, we are most grateful.
However, it is apparent we need to increase our level of family support. This comes as patient levels are expected to rise significantly and our funds continue to be depleted.